Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Graham's first experience at the fair

I know, I know.... I really need to make myself keep this updated!!!
Last week was the Parish Fair.....so mom and I loaded Graham up and headed over to see the animals. The fair didn't start until Thursday evening but the animals were being shown Thursday afternoon....which meant we were able to see them without the annoying sounds of the fair!! When we got into the Animal Pavillion (for lack of a better word) we were greeted by a boy who was in 7th or 8th grade....but he wasn't any old boy - he was the proud owner of not one, not two, not even three - but FOUR first place hens!!! He was holding one of them in his arms and Graham wasn't quite too sure of what to think of the boy or his feathered friend (as evidenced by the picture on the right). In fact, Graham was terrified of the chickens that were caged; he began to scale mom when she was showing him the chickens.

After bypassing the chickens, we moved on to the bunnies....Graham LOVED the bunny rabbits!!! He was very excited to be able to pet them - even if it was through the cage!!! His smile was absolutely precious! He was so happy that he started squealing!!!
After we were able to pull Graham away from the bunny cages we headed into the petting area. Graham was ABSOLUTELY THRILLED that there was a bunny that he could pet that wasn't in a cage!
I have a few more pictures but I keep getting an error message when trying to upload them - so check back for a few more pics!
It's so hard for me to believe that my baby boy will be one in a matter of days. He's not a baby anymore, although he will always be my baby! I know - it sounds so cliche. He is playing much more independently now. When I sit and watch him play, it's amazing to see his little wheels turning in his head - especially when he tries to figure out how he can accomplish something. For instance, this morning he saw the remote control (which is a No-no) on the couch. He crawled across the living room to get one of the stars from his star-stacker, crawls back to the couch, and stands on the one star. He thought that the star that is an inch high was going to be enough to have him reach the remote. When he realized that it wasn't going to work - he crawled to another toy, brought it to the couch, tried again....this went on a few more times until he realized he couldn't get to it! I know that he will be climbing before I know it!
We saw the ENT yesterday and Graham will be getting tubes on Friday. I'm relieved to know that he will soon have relief from all of the pressure of the fluid in his ears! Unfortunately he was started on yet ANOTHER antibiotic. He is usually really good at taking medicine, but he gags so badly on this one. :(
I know this is long - but a funny story that happened yesterday. When Graham wakes up in the morning he usually takes a bottle and then a little while later he eats his breakfast. Yesterday morning he had his bottle around 7 and at 7:55 he started crawling from the office to the kitchen. He would crawl 3 crawls and turn around like he was saying "are you following me" then he would crawl 3 times and turn around....he did this until he got to his high chair where he pulled up and started smacking his lips! He was ready for breakfast! The child never ceases to amaze me!
I hope that you all are doing well!!! Please, leave us a comment to let us know that you stopped by! We'd love to know who is keeping up with us - and we'll do the same when we check in on you!
Grace & Peace,
Jeff, Lauren & Graham

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wish I could have been there with him at the fair!

Unknown said...

I'm glad ya'll are doing well. The pictures of Graham at the fair are adorable. :)