Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dora & Diego....and a blushing momma!

Dora, Diego & Boots (Map, Swiper & Backpack, too!) are well-loved around the Rogers' home! Graham wakes up in the morning saying "Up, Please. Eat. Diaper. Diego/Dora". He knows what he wants!
To buy Jeff or I a peaceful shower, we will let Graham eat his banana in his chair and watch Dora or Diego.

Please hear me when I say: I HAD NO IDEA HOW INFLUENTIAL THESE 2 CHARACTERS COULD BE!

Yesterday evening, Jeff & I went to the gym to work-out. We told Graham that he was going to play in Playland and then we would be back to get him to go to the pool. Of course, all Graham heard was pool. (he's part fish you know!) We get changed and head to the pool. The 3 of us are playing with some bathtoys made pooltoys and a little boy swims past. Graham says something, but I'm not sure what it was so we go back to playing. Next thing I know, the little boy swims past again (he was tormenting Graham...but that's a different story) and Graham says "Hi Gaygo". I looked at Jeff and thought, whatever. As we are drying off, Graham says "Bye Gaygo. Bye Ora.". Graham thinks that the little boy and his younger sister are Diego & Dora. Why? you may ask? Because they were Hispanic. Jeff & I laughed hysterically when we realized what he had been saying. I know it's not the best parental response but we couldn't help it! After I laughed, I was PRAYING that the mom didn't hear Graham's comment. I was a little pink, and it wasn't sunburn!

So yes, that was our excitement yesterday evening!
We headed off to the gym this morning; we had the same agreement that Graham would play in Playland and we would go to the pool. Graham picks up on "pool" again. We workout, get Graham & head to the pool...well the big pool was open, but the "water area/kiddie pool" is closed during the day - it's open from 4-8 when the big kids are out of school....what about us stay at home moms who like to wear their kids out at the pool, then race home to put them in bed for the LOVELY 2-3 hour nap?? I might have to bring that one up! We had fun in the big pool....and there were some VERY well behaved kids that were interested in playing with Graham('s toys).

Alright, Graham is sleeping and I think I'm going to go do the same!

Don't forget to post your vote on whether Peanut is a boy or girl!!!

Love,
Jeff, Lauren, Graham & Peanut

2 comments:

~Bekah said...

OH MY GOODNESS! U HAVE A BEAUTIFUL RED HEADED BOY! I have a weakness for red-heads...duh.. have u seen the pic's of my husband?! haha.. i love red hair!
Thx for the sweet comment...gotta secret...the way i get the ribbon to smooth down is that i use spray adhesive. haha. yeah, like for papers. haha... VERY sparingly but it does work and i also stitch down both lengths instead of just down the middle or one side. :) hope that helps! haha... beautiful family!! and i'm blushing from your sweet comment!!

Anonymous said...

good day everyone. I'm honestly into shoes and I was searching allowing for regarding that exact brand. The prices for the shoes were approximately 310 dollars on every page. But finally I set this locate selling them for half price. I exceptionally like those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what is your opinion?