Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, July 15, 2007

2 for 2

Happy Sunday!!!!
I love Sunday's for some reason! I'm not sure if it's that warm, fuzzy feeling that I get after going to church and worshipping with those I love; or if it's the colorful comicis that I get to read in the paper; or looking at all of the ads with all of those "things" that you wish you could have but really don't need; or if it's just snuggling on the couch with Jeff and Graham...OK OK - so I'm sure I love Sundays because of church and time with family ... but the other things are nice too! :)

This morning we woke up to the sound of Graham's mobile. He has discovered how to turn it on now!!! He's such a smart cookie! I wish that I could wake up half as happy as Graham every morning. Without fail, every morning when we walk into his room, he is lying in his bed with the BIGGEST smile on his face! His whole body is happy - his arms and legs are going wild - kicking and flying in all directions saying "get me out of here, I'm ready to play!". Graham has discovered how to pull himself up into a standing position in his crib, and has now realized that if he steps on his bumper pad he can bounce a little higher. So I have a feeling that the crib is going to find a new residence about 3 inches lower. Unfortunately this is the lowest setting so we'll see what exciting feats he pulls next. I cringe at the thought of my sweet little boy climbing out of his crib. EEK!

We went to church early with Jeff this morning (my car was at the church) and the choir members oooed and ahhhed over Graham. I've been sure all along that his red hair was here to stay, and the choir unanimously decided today that it was here to stay as well. :) After listening to Jeff's choir practice, Graham headed over to the nursery where he played with Ms. Dulce and our friends Brady and Elijah! These boys do so well together!!! Elijah is almost 3; Brady is 2; and Graham...well he's 8 months!! It's so neat to look at the boys now and see how different they are developmentally; and then to think that in a few years it won't matter that there is a 24 month difference in their ages. I hope and pray that these boys are able to grow up together. I know this is selfish, but I enjoy Laura (Brady's mom) and Jacelyn's (Elijah and Abigail's mom) friendship so much. They are such awesome women and I really look up to them! If for some reason our kids didn't get along, I think that it would break my heart!

After church and Sunday School, Graham and I headed home where he talked 90 mph the whole way home (ok..it's only a 2 mile drive, but still!)!!! The sweet baby noises coming from the back seat made me stop and thank God for giving me & Jeff the best gift of all - Graham!!! I can't imagine life without him.

Let's see...Graham tried some spaghetti and meatballs (toddler style) for lunch and loved the pasta but HATED the meat. I must admit that the meat was less than desirable. After enjoying the pasta, Graham ate some banana pieces. He is doing so well chewing. I'm amazed at how he just picked up how to chew. It's not like we could teach him how to chew.

After eating lunch, Graham helped me in the kitchen while I cooked lunch for Jeff and I. I made the mistake of leaving the dishwasher door open and Graham quickly realized that he could pull up and stand! SO - note to self: At this point in life, the dishwasher can't be opened while Graham is awake!!!! To compromise with Graham, I pulled out a bowl, a spoon, and a ladle and let him play with them while I cooked. As I was washing dishes, Graham opened (yes, he opened the cabinet!) a cabinet and pulled out a tupperware container. Thankfully he went for the tupperware cabinet and not the pots or the glass baking dishes.


We headed out to get a food processor this afternoon and Graham was flirting with everyone he came in contact with at Target. He's such a social butterfly! And it's always nice when strangers come up and tell you how beautiful your child is.

WOW - I've rambled a lot on here. I suppose I'll find the happy medium to these posts. But for now I'm 2 for 2 with the posts!!

We hope that you will come back and follow us as we continue on our journey as "Graham's parents". We love you all!!!

Jeff, Lauren & Graham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean he put something (a plastic spoon) in his mouth? He must get his intelligence from his grandfather.