Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, July 16, 2007

daycare and such

I'm absolutely pooped!! I was just getting ready to head towards bed and realized I hadn't posted for today. And I would hate to have Lindsey get to work tomorrow and sign on to read the blog and not have a post to read. Just kidding! But it is kind of frustrating to check a blog only to find out that it wasn't updated. And I agreed that if I started a blog for Graham I would do my best to keep it up to date!

This morning we headed out to Northlake Christian and toured the preschool there. We sat down with the Principal and we were told that there was actually an opening in the infant room. As we have learned while looking into childcare, infant rooms are hard to come by. We have been praying that God would show us what to do with the job situation, day care, etc. The principal agreed to call us should someone else show an interest in the spot. We are hoping that I will hear something on the job front in the next week or so. And hopefully we won't have to make any decisions about childcare until we know that my new job will indeed require us to have full time childcare. There are several selling points to Northlake: the low student/teacher ratio (only 4 kids to each teacher!); the Christian environment; classroom assignments for a 12 month time period - which allows the kids to know one another and the teachers rather than having a large turn around with kids moving up to different rooms when they have birthdays; open door policies; working around the infants personal schedule rather than causing them to have to follow a strict schedule that the school decides for them; each infant has his/her own crib and they encourage the parents to provide special toys, blankets, sheets, and even mobiles for each child to have in their crib; and I could go on and on. We were able to go to the classroom that Graham will be in, should we end up having to put him in daycare. Graham was so receptive to the teachers and he was very interested in the other children in the classrooms. I know that it will be an adjustment but it is comforting knowing that Graham would be in such a loving environment. He willingly went to 4 different teachers today while we were touring and they were so impressed with how happy he was! The principal commented several times that she didn't forsee him having a difficult time adjusting - that it would be harder for mom and dad (oh how true!). We've been so blessed to be able to not have to use daycare up until this point, and I wish so badly that we didn't have to do it now. But I know that God has a plan -- even though it is hard to see right now. I have to keep reminding myself that this is God's plan, His timing....not my own. I admit that it is frustrating a lot of times. I can definately say that my prayer life has picked up tremendously since May 2.

Enough rambling for tonight. As I sit here and type, I hear the sweet sound of someone sawing down trees and I'm not talking about Jeff!

I hope and pray that each of you have a restful nights sleep and a terrific day tomorrow!!! Until tomorrow.....

Held tightly in our Master's hand -
Jeff, Lauren & Graham

No comments: