Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Updates and pictures from the Aquarium!

This morning Jeff got a phone call from his department head and was informed that the budget request for a new full-time professorship in the Music Department was denied. So, unfortunately Jeff will not be going full-time in the fall, but he will be getting a raise. The job search for me continues. I spoke with People's Health yesterday and was told that the position I applied for had been filled with someone with experience in a call-center environment. I was bummed that I wasn't even called for an interview, but the recruiter told me that they were very impressed with my resume and that they were looking for a position for me. Apparently they have just hired a new manager for the Utilization Review Department (kind of like case management). The recruiter seems to think that I would benefit the UR department and is waiting for the new manager to get settled before passing my resume on to her. So I'm praying, and ask that you do the same, that I get a phone call to come in for an interview and then get an offer for the job!! I've also applied at a couple hospitals on the southshore as well as a surgery center here on the northshore.

Graham's little tummy wasn't quite right today. This morning when he went down for his morning nap I could tell that he wasn't feeling quite right. He slept for 2 hours this morning - he rarely makes it past 45 min. for his AM nap. He was pretty warm and cranky when he got up so we gave him some Tylenol and about an hour after he had that he was perking up again. He was making some HILARIOUS new sounds today while he was playing/jumping in his exersaucer. If I wasn't sitting right next to him, I would have thought that he was unhappy and crying...but he was just testing out the volume range of his vocal chords!!! Crazy boy!

Well tomorrow morning we are heading across the lake to the Louisiana Children's Museum with Jacelyn, Elijah, and Abigail. Graham is still a little small to enjoy it, but I have no doubt that he will have fun people watching, watching the big kids play, and just being out of the house. Hopefully I will have some fun pictures to post tomorrow. :) They have a cool new exhibit that is "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood"!!! So we are looking forward to that!! I remember going to the LCM as a child, and my favorite part was the News Channel Room where you were able to pretend like you were a news anchor.....no, maybe it was the Schwegman's Grocery Store where you had a child size grocery cart, a shopping list, and then you played the cashier.....or maybe it was the double mirror where you could shine the light and see the person sitting on the other side......No..it was the bubble - there is this platform that you stand on and then you pull a rope slowly and it forms a HUGE bubble around you - so you are actually standing inside of the bubble. Graham and I will have to do that tomorrow!!! I recall having to pull the rope just perfectly so that the bubble didn't pop! Feel free to check out the website: http://www.lcm.org/


Here are a few pictures from our trip to the Aquarium two weeks ago.



Graham and Mommy walking through the Aquarium

Studying the fishies - this tank is just a little bit bigger than Daddy's salt water tank

Just looking....Actually smiling at the camera (there must not have been any fish in sight)Mommy and Graham in the anemone!!Going down the slide with Daddy!Introducing Graham the Otter and Mommy the Starfish...Lions and tigers and alligators - oh my!!Graham, Daddy, and Grandma Jan (Jeff's mom) sitting on the turtle!Grandpa Jim, Daddy, Mommy, Graham, and Grandma Jan after spending a wonderful afternoon at the Aquarium!!

Graham really enjoyed looking at all of the fishies. In fact, after walking through the Aquarium for 2 hours, he was starting to get squirmy so I laid him in the stroller, buckled him in, gave him his Nunu and he was out in a matter of seconds. I have NEVER seen him do that before - well, except for the time we were at Megumi for dinner and he fell asleep sitting straight up in the stroller.

Standing firm in His grace -
Jeff, Lauren & Graham

PS-We've noticed on our "cluster map" that there are readers in Hawaii, Cali, the East Coast, Mid West, etc. We'd love to know who is following our story - so please leave a comment and let us know who you are, how you found us, etc...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.